12/17/19 Board meeting Minutes
Roll Call: Heather Houk, RJ Rieger, Greg Walton, Leah Roy-Ehri, Adrian Tillary, Katie McKullough, Kristin Harmon Absent: Marcus Burton
Call to Order 5:41 pm
Agenda Approval: Motion to approve: LR 1st, GW 2nd
Minutes Approval: Motion to approve: GW 1st, RR 2nd
No guests or public present
Financial Report from RJ:
- We are currently reconciled through December. o Reminder given that PPR will be delayed.
- 9-R will handle our finances starting in January. Heather and Adrian will meet to finalize line items to split out for improved clarification. 9-R accounting will represent a great cost savings, as we have spent about 30k this year on accounting from July to Nov and the entirety of the next calendar year will be about 30k.
- November financials reviewed.
Motion to approve November financials: AT 1st, GW 2nd, all approve
Continued Financials, loan updates from RJ:
- We are pursuing a loan through Bank of the San Juans (BSJ)
- Tomorrow 9-R board will hold a meeting regarding final decision on renewal approval, then the BSJ loan team will meet to approve our loan A condition on the loan will be us moving all accounts to BSJ
- RJ reminds board that he has signed a conflict of interest statement with BSJ and TJS board, and he will not have the ability to sign or authorize transactions moving forward
Motion to approve moving all accounts to BSJ: AT 1st, LR 2nd, all approve
Motion to add Adrian Tillery as signer to BSJ accounts, as RJ will be an authorized user only, not a signer: HH 1st, GW 2nd, all approve
Business Manager role from RJ:
- Reviewed general outline of role o Role will be 0.5 time now, with the goal to expand to full time in 2 years Fundraising updates:
- Discussion of possible Derby themed TJS fundraising event on 5/2 as part of the Wine
Experience o Katie will reach out to contact who puts wine experience on
0 9-R is getting a gambling license per Heather from conversations with Andy Burns
- Leah went over updated parent pledge form o Suggestion to put pledge form on trifold brochure with professional appearance o We have a printing credit at Fast Signs o We need sponsorship info including what $ gets for the school included
- Need for significant fundraising o TJS has tried to hire professional fundraisers prior with poor return on investment o Heather and RJ have ideas for potentially good fundraisers o Heather will reach out to Patty at CLCS
Building updates from Heather:
- We are on track in general
- The next significant deadline is submitting the building plans to the state for approval. Approval must be granted prior to closing.
Additional updates from RJ:
- We are forming a school FAC - financial accountability committee, and looking for people with a financial background to participate The school phones are up and running
Motion to adjourn: RJ 1st, GW 2nd